We commit to effective governance that ensures we act in accordance with our stated values and agreed procedures and that our programmes achieve outcomes consistent with our mission. This will require:
- Publication of a clearly defined and transparent mission, governance structure and decision making process at the governance level;
- A governing body which supervises and evaluates the Manager, and oversees programme and budgetary matters. This body will define overall strategy, consistent with the organisation’s mission, ensure that resources are used efficiently and appropriately, that performance is measured, that financial integrity is assured and that public trust is maintained;
- Written procedures covering the appointment, internal accountability, responsibilities and term limits of members of the governing body;
- Effective risk management and compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the jurisdictions within which the entity operates;
- Publication of an annual financial report conformant with relevant laws and practices and audited by a qualified independent auditor whose statement will accompany the report.
The All Out Africa Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors who vote and act on behalf of the members. Eligibility is determined by a vote of members, provided that Directors adhere to the objectives, assumptions and methods of the Foundation and payment of annual membership fees. Directors may terminate their role at any time, and in the case of vacancies, the remaining Directors constitute a legitimate Board. In the case of termination, additional Directors may be added to the Board if approved by a majority vote of the Board, reaching a maximum of six (6) Directors, including the Chair. Term of office for Directors is one (1) year, and renewal is determined by majority vote of members and remaining, uncontested Directors at the Annual General Meeting.
The following committees were established to guide and advise operations during the current year.
- Finance Committee: Kim Roques, Michelle Green, Tiphiwe Vilakati
- Ethics Committee: Roland Thorne, Michelle Green, Tjengisa Dlamini
- Humanitarian Committee: Dr Themba'lilahlwa Mahlaba, Michelle Green, Eunice Nkambule
- Environment Committee: Prof Ara Monadjem, Michelle Green, Phumlile Simelane
Our Strategic Plan for 2020 is undergoing a major review owing to disruptions as a result of the Corona Virus Pandemic. Once the Strategic Plan has been completed it will be published here on our website.