Marine Research Center
In 2005 the All Out Africa Foundation established an African Savanna Research Center and shortly thereafter a Marine Research Center with the aim of conducting ecological research of relevance for conservation. The Marine Research Center is on Tofo beach, Mozambique. This center runs on-going field research programs with resident staff and equipment, while also catering to accommodate groups of up to 16 field research students at any one time throughout the year.
Marine Research Projects (whale sharks, manta rays, humpback whales, coral reef fish, turtles, dolphins)
- Photo-identification & monitoring of whale sharks
- Photo-identification of manta rays
- Monitoring of humpback whales
- Conservation ecology of turtles in southern Mozambique
- Monitoring of indicator species of coral reef fish